cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Help switching from BT to EE

Every time I log on to my BT account it encourages me to switch to EE, but I never have any offers when I click on the link. I’ve rung up the call centre and the first person told me I need to wait for my contract to end (which sounded odd) and the 2nd person told me they aren’t allowing the switch as I have BT TV (even though it’s now EE!) Does anyone know when the offers to switch will be available for people who have both broadband and TV?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but the rep on the phone hadn’t got even a rough date

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help switching from BT to EE

Whether or not this is correct.

I have just tried to switch (again, but contract is due to finish). I was told it cannot happen because my TV package and landline (DV) package. I have been signed back up with BT (I needed to get it sorted soon and not waiting for deals anymore).

I have tried a few times but my options online also vanished just as the renew letter dropped, prior this, when it seemed to be happening only to be told on the phone it aint gonna work and to be honest gave up. It is a poor messaging situation (yeah, complex and all that as a customer, no let it out when it works). I have remained with BT, sports package only, but saved on my package dropping entertainment and increased speed, for various reasons I stayed but they were not helping. One of the big keepers for me is the help from the mods here.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I would spend some time reading the EE forums, I think you may then decide to stay with BT.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message

The EE forum is very heavily biased towards mobiles and associated contracts, with all the associated problems.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@sigarner The current issue with switching from BT to EE appears to be that they do not yet have the full EE TV up and running, so in essence, you have nothing to move to (apart from the Apple TV offering).

Mind you, whilst I was being dragged round the shops yesterday I noticed they have a full EE TV display with the Pro Box etc. (EE casing) extolling the benefits of it in the BT/EE shop, but then this is BT where confusion marketing reigns supreme.

My interpretation, based on reading the responses of various BT staff across various threads, is that existing BT customers with TV will be offered a route to transfer services from BT to EE once everything is aligned and you should wait until this happens. 

In my example, if I wanted to move, things are complicated because I have a Full Fibre free upgrade promise, PAYG Digital Voice and BT TV, none of which appear to be part of the EE offering. 

Minimum cost of DV is £5 per month for example.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

I would spend some time reading the EE forums, I think you may then decide to stay with BT.

I really don't understand this apparent desperation some seem to have to migrate to EE...

Message 6 of 6

Who’s desperate? I’m certainly not

0 Ratings