cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home essentials

I have today tried to get the home essentials discount but was told no because I’m the bt account holder and my husband is the benefit claimant. I have been a bt customer for many years and now I want help with my account bt are unwilling to help. I need help with my account.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home essentials

@Mel-lyn60 

The benefit claimant has to be the account holder. All you can do would be to wait until your contract ends and then cancel your service. Your husband would then need to start a new contract in his name, and choose the Home Essentials package.

If you are out of contract already, the you could cancel right away, and when the service is terminated, then your husband could apply for service.

The only problem would be, is that he would be given a new phone number.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your response, it’s not the best situation as I’m on the same claim as it a joint claim for ESA.  It is a good discount but totally unfair the way that it is processed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Check post by @brookes who posted similar problem

As @Keith_Beddoe posted the account holder and benefit claimant must be the same to qualify

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.