cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Hopw Do You Amend Details When You Do Not Have a Mobile Phone???

Go to solution

Hi @somhairle   reply to message 4

The mobile box is just looking for 07 and nine more digits.  I sucessfully entered 07 and nine ones, 

07111111111,  not allocated to anybody or anything at this time.  Comes up as unrecognised

when called.   Not a long term solution, but might let you get on and change your recovery email now.

Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Mar10, I'll give that a try. Using the landline number did not work, unsurprisingly.

I have used a workaround previously with my energy provider and it was something similar to what you suggest - a sequence of 9s.

And it did work! Many thanks, mar10.

Now wouldn't it just be nice if BT accepted that some of us do not wish to own mobile phones instead of encouraging us by making things as awkward as possible to give in, get one and pay them a fortune for a monthly contract!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @somhairle 

I dont think BT are making things awkward on purpose.  The MyBT pages are infested with inaccuracies and

inconsistencies. Maybe the design is contracted out to Fujitsu.

Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

I'm slightly going off topic here... But you don't have to take out a contract when you get a mobile phone. You can just top one up as a small amount with pay as you go.

You can also find them second hand and cheap online too. No need to go ever to a store to buy one, or top them up, because you can top up online with many providers too. 

I haven't bought one from a store for ages, my last few have been second hand ones from Ebay.

So while BT is making it awkward I agree, it's still not as expensive as you think to own one.

That idea is the fault of the phone companies advertising their contracts all the time and the latest and greatest models, which gives this warped idea that all mobile phones are expensive and exclusive things, when most of them are truly anything but. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

You can buy an unlocked Nokia 105 from Argos for £13.50 (949/4174) & add the budget PAYG SIM of your choice.