cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

How can there not be an Email for complaints?

Go to solution

I don't want to chat on a phone!

a) I dont have time, 
b) I want to keep my thoughts clear and on subject (there are many) 
c) I want a paper trail 

Writing gives me no record they've even received it, and I cant send attachments without printing 

Emails give me time to compose it, provide screenshots, and the trial for responses. 

I know BT obviously want to move us all to EE and I presume shut BT down (monopoly by the back door) and they will succeed as I've really had enough of them! but in the meantime, I still have issues with current services, or lack of them, and would like responses quicker than 28 day turnarounds for each exchange. 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: How can there not be an Email for complaints?

Go to solution

At present I have no landline thanks to the digital switch, and being mis sold a product (my supposed smart hub 2 sent to me a couple of years ago is obviously not a smart hub 2 as it doesn't have the phone socket) 
I was sent no new equipment prior to the switch.  so come switchover i have no landline. 

Not sure I see the point in it anyway, as it isn't really a landline now.  (so what are we paying for) 
so was looking for bb only, but as the site also has no search function (again unbelievable)  That proved hard to find for an existing customer. 

Oh and so many issue with the website - throwing me out of the my bt area back into main site, cant even see my bill, tries to send me to EE the list is endless. 

I was a happy BT customer for decades - this is just a joke

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

At the bottom of every page on here there is a "make a complaint" link - Complaints | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

You can't currently drop your phone service without starting a new broadband only contract. And you can't do that online. If you have a call plan you could reduce that to PAYG & just wait for for contract to end before moving elsewhere, if that's your desire.

Early SH2 has a sticker over the phone socket, could that be the case? SH & SH2 are very different looking so it should be easy tell which you have.

As for complaints, what better way to keep your Ofcom statistics down than make the process as difficult as possible? Then if someone perseveres, close the complaint without any response.

Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

The complaints email address is locatable online, you just have to find the bt complaints code of practice document via google, I cant post the email address here its against the rules and probably isnt a good place to have it readily available, so fair enough.

I had a really complicated complaint and it was much better to write it all down, it took a few days for someone to get back to me but eventually everything got resolved and I ended up happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the sticker clue

WTF couldn't they say that on the help pages 

My router is not easily accessible (hard to get to) as its not something you normally need to touch - no way I would spot that without a hint

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I didn't say I couldn't find the complaints links - my complaint was there is no email, only phone (useless) or snail mail (no digital paper trail)  
Even the HMRC has an email procedure and they are notoriously difficult to lodge a complaint against (done it successfully twice) 

as other poster says - make it as hard as possible, and ignore all but the most persistent = low complaints stats

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@naylor2006 wrote:

The complaints email address is locatable online, you just have to find the bt complaints code of practice document via google, I cant post the email address here its against the rules and probably isnt a good place to have it readily available, so fair enough.

There is nothing stopping you posting the email address to a BT Department especially if it is provided in the BT Code of Practice.

What you can not to is post BT Employees email addresses or personal email addesses of an individual or company email addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Have you tried typing that email address in before? 

IMG_1929.jpeg

 out respect for the rules I’ve obscured it from the error also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Obviously I can not see the email address so I can not comment on the address or why it has been blocked but I fail to see why if it is a genuine BT email address which is given out in BT's complaints procedure.

EDIT: I found the email address and when I tried to post it got the same error as you which is rediculous.

If you are looking for it it is contained in the folowing link. Download the PDF for the Customer Comlaints Code of Practice

https://www.bt.com/about/bt/policy-and-regulation/our-governance-and-strategy/codes-of-practice

0 Ratings