cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

How do I get my broadband connection reconnected?

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to get this resolved.  I am at my wits end.

At lunchtime on the 9th I contacted BT to get my existing broadband (circa 37MB download)  connection upgraded to Full Fibre 150. Due to an error at the BT end my existing connection was immediately terminated.    I immediately contacted BT and was put through to the connections team.  They stated that it would not be possible to reconnect the existing broadband connection and they would sent out a 4G mini hub that would arrive the following morning.  I raised a compliant and was told that a manager would contact me either that evening or the following day.   That contact has not happened

The mini hub arrived at 16:00 that following day (10th February). However it only provides about 9Mb download speed and has no capability to connect much of the computer equipment that have in my house. It is not a solution to resolve the termination of the internet connection.

I contacted the BT team becuase the mini hub did not provide a solution and the lady I spoke to raised a priority reconnection and told me it would take 4 or 5 days.

At 20:00 on the 10th Febuary I received an email stating that my  complaint had been closed.  I have never been asked if the issue was resolved (which is has not).

On the 11th Febrary at 07:38 I emailed consumer-resolutionteam@bt.com asking them why the case had been closed.  I have yet to receive an acknowledgement.  

On Monday 14th I checked my BT accounts online and could not find either the order for the priority reconnection or the Full Fibre 150.  I again phoned BT and was advised that there was an issue with the account and those orders didn't exist. A new account has now been created and an order raised for Full Fibre 150 to be installed on the 7th March. I was also told that a manager would contact me. Again this has not happened. 

On Tuesday 15th I again contacted BT to find out how to get the existing broadband reconneced.  BT contacted OpenReach and I was told that someone would call me  between 16:30 and 18:00 yesterday evening.  Nobody has called.

I have just phoned BT again and been told that they cannot reconnect me as the account has been closed.  A manager will apparent call me at some point tomorrow.  I am seeing a pattern here.  So why can't someone create an account, get a priority reconnection put in place?

Who can I contact within BT who can take ownership of this and get it resolved?

Thanks in anticipation
Doug
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I get my broadband connection reconnected?

Hi @dough987, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that your broadband connection has been stopped early and that you've not received the promised callbacks.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to help you get re-connected sooner.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings