cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How is this happening re elderly

Omg. My ma is 86 and very on the ball but not techy and Pa almost 90 and was techy. My parents are being charged £120 for halo3 they dont have fibre. My father seems to have been sucked in- he has been slightly off his game for the past few yrs as imagine I maybe at that age. They were cut off this morning hence I found out how much they paid. They also pay £12 for unlimited calls plus vat etc which is fair. But what are they paying that amount for on bb I ask??? They have a tv and laptop and not great tv signal. They only use the laptop for emails and bills. I’m so upset they have been taken advantage of. BT can see their usage. They have a call back on Tuesday to try and help lower this. Unfortunately I can’t be there but will see what they are offered and then spk myself. This is diabolical overselling customers. I pay £62 inc vat and have entertainment my bb is around £40. Who convinced them they needed to pay this much and for what 🥲. I’m so sad for them as pensioners and that bt have rinsed them.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How is this happening re elderly

Judging by the many similar post on this forum, you are not alone and it seems to be BT's policy these days to get customers (no matter how old or inform) to pay as much as BT can squeeze out of them. It doesn't help (or more likely it's BT's policy) that all their telephone agents are on commission to upsell at every opportunity.
Message 3 of 8

Had no idea they are on commission- outrageous 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Just renewed BT broadband and had digital voice added.

Initially I got very confused with the packages and cost £45+ for my needs, took time out to evaluate my opinions.

In the end got BT broadband and digital voice and ordered a Vonage box for outgoing calls.

I have been very happy with BT but the cost of calling out is to much hence using Vonage for calls.

Will be interesting when 94 year old mother in law with no broadband has to go digital.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Interesting thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Not sticking up for BT here but somehow I doubt it's 120 per month just for halo 3. Are you sure thats not a quarterly bill or theres no other add on's?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi, my father read out the bill to me over the phone and it was £120. I think in retrospect after running thru with him again bb was £85 landline I think £12 …. I completely agree it seemed huge. I made him check previous bill and that was £120. I need to go check it in person but I cannot see what he would be paying for? Broadband is broadband. He isn’t a gamer. He doesn’t need extra fast speeds. Speeds he couldn’t in fact get in the countryside. He has still been over sold and is paying over twice my bill. He has been taken advantage of as a vulnerable 90yr old . I personally have no beef with Bt for my use and have found them fare. I have had recent experiences where I have been called out of the blue my their sales team wanting me to upgrade and have felt pressured as they have implied I need this product they are pushing. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@cassac 

I wonder if they have they also been sold a TV package - that they have obviously never used?

0 Ratings