cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

How many engineer appts can be missed ?

Is anyone aware of a set number of appts that can be missed by BT before you can tell them to shove their contract ?

Original fibre installation about a year ago Openreach engineer wouldn't wait 5 minutes whilst I removed a radiator cover so that the wire could be pinned (it could have been pinned even with it in place) so a load of slack wire was left.

My disabled daughter got a hold of it and yanked the wire on Wednesday and the internet immediately dropped.

I rang BT explained the situation explaining that the internet is a requirement for my daughter's cameras, epilepsy monitor, heart monitor etc they run over WiFi but the initial handshake requires internet access.  However because it's not a landline it couldn't be processed as a welfare case. They did send one of those useless hub things out which was completely useless for our needs.

Engineer appt was booked for Friday 8-1 got to 1 and no engineer checked the fault tracker and had been cancelled with no notification to myself and had to rebook another appt.

Appt rebooked for Saturday 8-1 checked the fault tracker at 8:10 and cancelled again, once again no contact to tell me this. once again having to rearrange.

Rang and rearranged appt for Monday 8-1 and a complaint again emphasising that I need this to care for my daughter, I'm presently sleeping on her floor as without the care system and alarms we wouldnt hear her as she is a wheelchair user her bedroom is downstairs.

Thought I would check today just to ensure appt was still going ahead Monday and found that the fault had been closed as if the end user had reported that it had been fixed ??????

Immediately rang BT and because of this error by someone there they can no longer get the Monday slot.

I have escalated to a manager and should be getting a call back by 1:30, I'll not hold my breath though.

In the meantime they have booked the visit in for Tues 8-1.

That's now 3 missed appts in the space of 4 days as far as I'm concerned. Even though Monday's isn't technically missed due to bt advisors error it's just cancelled as if the fault was fixed. I'd cancelled Mondays plans got a friend to wait in as I drive my daughter to her special needs school which is a 90 mins round trip so it is missed.

I'm ready to absolutely blow my top and tell them to stuff their contract and service.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: How many engineer appts can be missed ?

@Smoggy78 

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to post here.

Message 3 of 3

Re: How many engineer appts can be missed ?

Hi @Smoggy78,

I am so sorry that the fault was cancelled and then later marked as fixed. This should never have happened. We should only be closing once we know it has been fixed. I hope that you get the call back from the Manager today so they can get this picked up and see if there's anything that can be done. We need to do all we can to help your daughter.

The Manager should help you but, as a precaution, I have sent you a private message also as my team can pick this up and do all we can to help you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings