cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How much is an upgrade from fibre 2 to full fibre?

Go to solution

Due to an error on BT's side, we were pretty much forced to pay for a new 24-month contract on fibre 2 package with bt sports. However, we did not want to renew that package as we were expecting to move to another address with full fibre capabilities, or at least switch companies (virgin media) to get faster speeds for the same price. As we needed internet, we had no other option but to get the fibre 2 package again. I will get billed £45.99 per month. 

Once we move to the new address, how much would it cost to upgrade to a full fibre package? I understand that I will get a free upgrade to full fibre 100, but I would like to get 300Mb/s or higher. I was also looking into hyperoptic as a good option but then I believe I would be subject to early termination charges which I find unfair as if it wasn't for BT's mistake, our contract would have ended this October which would have been perfect for us.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How much is an upgrade from fibre 2 to full fibre?

Go to solution

BT price FTTP the same as FTTC, if you're wanting ultrafast speeds (100mbps or faster) then it depends on the offers at the time, when you're ready to move you can discuss your options then.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Anthony813 

Personally the first thing I'd do would be to raise a complaint about the mistake that required you to take out a 24month contract.

Try emailing BT here:- consumer-resolutionteam@bt.com giving them full details of what happened. I did that when I had issues with re-contracting and had a very helpful call back which resolved it all for me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes i called them about it and was able to get it resolved, I won’t be subject to early termination fees as long as I keep using FTTC. 

0 Ratings