cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

How to find out when my contract ends and any penalties if leaving early.

Go to solution

After perusing online to try and find out the answer to my question in subject above, there did not appear to be any easy solution as so many of you out there had tried and failed, (so frustratingly it appeared) so I opted for the telephone assistance number that was mentioned on one of the posts, viz: 0800 800 150, I rang the number and after pressing all the usual buttons to jump through the hoops I was answered somewhat surprisingly after a couple of minutes at 10.28 by a lady who said, "Your through to Anita from Sheffield, how may I help?" (so far so good methinks optimistically) , I asked "How do I find out from BT when my contract ends and any penalties if I leave early please?"

"I can help you with that" was the reply, followed by a click, then a burring tone as the line went dead!  

So don't bother trying to contact BT with this subject either online or by phone, they deliberately make it too difficult, I shall write a letter and post it special delivery to ensure I get a response from BT!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: How to find out when my contract ends and any penalties if leaving early.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65 

for future reference the CS number is now 03301234150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks Keith but I do not have any apps/apps order on my laptop screen?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks for that suggestion but why is the 0800 800 150 still advertised, in use, and being answered by BT?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

the 0800 number is being superseded by the 0330 number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65  Login to MyBT here and go to “Your products”, “Broadband” and scroll down to “Your contract details”

Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@imjolly 

I know I'm stating the obvious but 0800 numbers are free, 0330 numbers (to the best of my knowledge) are not, so will calls to customer services be charged now or are they included in a calling allowance?

Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson 

03 numbers are free if included in your calling package which applies to most mobiles and also BT calling packages  from reading it appears if you are PAYG then charges as local call

Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
Calls to 0330 1234 150 are free when calling from the BT network. Calls from other networks may be charged.