cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Hub working fine but Wifi has been suspended due to 'unpaid' bill even though paid

Can anyone please help.

Our hub is working all fine but all of a sudden to connect to the wifi on any device, it then required us to sign in  (not just put in a password). When I click on the sign in it takes me  to a URL page says our account has been  suspended due to unpaid bills.

This is not the case as the direct debt came out a week before and 3 different people from BT have confirmed that there are no unpaid bills. They even sent a new hub which didn't change anything, it was still asking me to 'sign in'. Then I had an engineer round who couldn't fix it then said maybe there is a restriction on the account, but no one has been able to apparently find one.

Now 1 week without Wifi with no solutions. I can see people on here have had similar issues but the content is restricted for some reason. Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub working fine but Wifi has been suspended due to 'unpaid' bill even though paid

can you get internet connection using an ethernet cable?  if so then your account is not suspended

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Hub working fine but Wifi has been suspended due to 'unpaid' bill even though paid

So I'm just waiting for an ethernet cable to get delivered to check, but the engineer seemed to think it wouldn't work

Below is a pic of what the connectivity looks like 

apscott_0-1687874794106.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@DavidM I believe you encountered this problem in the past 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Your-BT-Broadband-is-suspended/td-p/2216518

Do you think you might be able to help?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

that stat show your hub has been connected to internet for just 12 minutes and you are on fibre 1

whether your account is suspended or not will not stop your wireless devices from connecting to the hub so you should get hub connected.  if suspended then although you connect to hub wifi you will not get internet connection

what does your account show in MYBT?

you need to contact CS 03301234150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.