cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

I have been moved from BT to EE

I was renewing my 24 month Broadband and Phone contract with BT and was told I would be moved to EE. If my experience is typical there are going many problems. I was told there would be a confirmation email sent to me on my BT Email. None arrived. The only change I found was there was a second account number on the MyBT app. I went to the EE/BT shop and was put through to the Customer Services. I was then transferred to the Connections team and eventually found the my email address had been changed from @btinternet.com to @EE.co.uk and this was where the email had been sent and failed to be delivered. I got the email restored to its original address and an email was sent but did not arrive. It was suggested that I download the MyEE app and register using my current email. I did this successfully but the app was unable to connect to my account.

It seems to me that BT has not fully thought through the process for moving their current customers to EE

Iain 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: I have been moved from BT to EE

@iggyb 

If you have now moved to EE, they have a separate user forum to deal with issues. The support team there should be able to answer your queries.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

There do seem to be rather a lot of issues being reported as BT customers are being migrated to EE, and it certainly seems that BT/EE has not thought this process out well, or piloted it properly.
Last November I was invited to renew my contract with BT and I did consider instead letting the contract lapse in January and go month to month. In the end I did renew for another 2 years - still with BT and with no suggestion I should move to EE.
I'm now rather glad I did this!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@iggyb 

You could have stayed with BT, you were not forced to go to EE, but I think the sales people try to convince people as there must be an incentive.

If you use the value added services like TV, then its more likely you may be better off with EE, especially if you are an EE mobile user.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Sounds awful and is why I never change anything as change makes things worse - I don't even really know what being on a fixed contract is - I just stick with BT so I suppose I am "out of contract" and paying more but at least nothing goes wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@chrisjp 

Based on my own experience recently, I would warn against moving to EE.

One week ago to the day, I moved two mobile numbers to EE (I'm still a BT customer for other products) and I 've had no end of fun as a result of a very poorly implemented number port.

I'm close to getting it sorted now but of course I wouldn't have had any such fun if I'd just stayed with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

folly to move from bt to ee for broadband...its an utter shambles where they cannot do simple tasks like link accounts.

they also are charging market high rates for all packages.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

That is what I thought but mysteriously it all kept 'going wrong' and 'righting problems without an eng. so I thought it was because I had an old copper line phone I wanted to keep.  Now after more mistakes than I can count I am considering going to the ombudsman (written complaint first of course) and thinking I have been duped I am wishing I had read all these posts before I fell for something I cannot handle and am desperate for help.

I have posted a few times on here hoping to find someone who could advise me as they have been through similar problems.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Update

It seems that when my EE account was created the @EE.co.uk was used to identify the account. The change made by the EE person has not changed the account link address. The EE guide I talked to today has raised a change request with the BackOffice people to change the account link address. This will take up to 5 working days.

I am not having problems with the actual broadband and Digital Voice landline as I am retaining my BT equipment.

No one has been able to explain why my email address was changed

Iain

0 Ratings