cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

I have fibre but the database thinks i don't. How do i update it?

Go to solution

I have fibre, i've had it for two years. There's also an old copper phone line in the loft which i disconnected when i moved in. BT were telling me it's not available two years ago when i moved in even though there's a pole in my garden with fibre on it 5 meters away from my CSP!

Anyway i phoned up and told them my address wasn't on the list at all (house has a number and a name) when i gave them my house name (told them my house doesn't have a number). They sent an engineer around to investigate and he strung a new fibre line from the pole to the CSP on my wall in about 30 minutes! then 2 weeks later another engineer came around and installed the ONT happy days everything working.

My problem is now I'm looking at switching to another provider and the database is still saying it's unavailable at my address when I've literally had it for two years. I phone up and ask it to be changed and nobody on the phone has a clue what I'm on about.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: I have fibre but the database thinks i don't. How do i update it?

Go to solution

Is your address correct on royal mail database?  Is BT address the exact same?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yes my address is on the Royal Mail database and it's the same as what's on the BT wholesale checker.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If other providers say not available at your address that is normally as openreach database address does not agree with your BT Retail account address so are you sure both exactly the same

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Yup all address's correct. My neighbor has 3 records in the wholesale checker, 2 with his house name spelt differently and another with his house number, "Cosy Cottage", "Cozy Cottage" and "8, Cozy Cottage" for example. so safe to say the database is pretty messy. Finally found a solution though. I contacted OpenReach directly through the following link and they said Fibre was available in my area and they'll update the record to show this and within 24 hours it's showing fibre available. I think they were a little confused when i replied with a photo of my ONT because they asked for the serial number of it so they could update the record to show that it's already at the property.

Only reason i'm doing this after 3 years is because i'd like to switch provider and i know there will be all sorts of headaches and delays if my ONT isn't associated to the correct address.

So if you've got a problem with the database showing inaccurate information then i'd suggest trying the following link.

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

0 Ratings