cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

I ordered Broadband + TV with Sky Sports and TNT. Now BT are saying I do not have Sky Sports.

Wondering if anyone can recommend how I should proceed from here. 

I ordered broadband and tv through the live chat last Monday. I confirmed that I was interested in the sports channels, to which I was suggested a package. I checked whether this included Sky Sports to the rep and they confirmed this was the case (twice!).

Today I have setup the Discovery+ and EE TV app which both work correctly. I then tried the NOW TV app, which encourages me to buy a package to watch the sports. I've just come off the phone with BT who have told me that there are no Sky packages included with my deal whatsoever, and if i did want sky sports then i would need to pay for it.

How can this be the case after it was confirmed by the rep on live chat? I have a copy of the transcript so can easily prove that this is the case. It seems totally misleading to sell me a package and then not include what i believed i was signing up for.

My broadband and TV are not activated yet as the engineer visit has not happened. Any advice would be appreciated as i would like to proceed with the originally agreed deal.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: I ordered Broadband + TV with Sky Sports and TNT. Now BT are saying I do not have Sky Sports.

For the NowTV app you just sign in with the account provided with your new BT account and your BT password. If you have Sky Sports it should then let you view the live channels etc on the NowTV app.

So mine was firstnamesurname as the username. Should also show what you have on your MyBT login.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: I ordered Broadband + TV with Sky Sports and TNT. Now BT are saying I do not have Sky Sports.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My issue is that they are saying Sky Sports is not something that I will be able to access in any way, either via NOW TV app or through the TV box unless I pay extra for it. It seems incredibly poor given that they confirmed to me it would be included in my package.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The range of  EE TV a packages that BT offer  and their content is described 

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/what-channels-and-add-ons-you-get-wi...

So there is a Sport package and a Big Sport package  , where Sport has TNT Sports and Eurosport  and Big Sport has TNT Sports , Eurosport and (NOW) Sky Sports channel.

So  I suspect from your description you currently have the SPORT package whereas the content  (ie SKY sports) is within the BIG SPORT package.