cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Sad Reality of managing the customer account

Hi , 

I am having multiple issues on trying to manage my current contract and every time , I tried to stick with my current contract which expire in Aug 2024 , -just simple Fibre 2 contract with Pay as you go home digital line (for the cost of £24.99 (the same as if you are on EE contract .

the account team is unable to resolve a simple task of keeping the current customers on same contract as they want to but forcing them to move to Halo3 ? why ? and pay extra - despite phoning and telling them to keep it simple , when you look at the  order status  it keeps changing . 

have been with BT for very long time , and is so sad to think about moving elsewhere for better customer services and better account management , do i have a ability to cancel everything ? from BT - customer NOT Happy with managing the customer expectations ? (service is good but management of account is Not SO!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sad Reality of managing the customer account

@anandass 

You will not be disconnected if you do not renew your contract, you may lose any discounts that were originally applied, but it may still be cheaper than any new contract. You will also be free to change provider if you wish, without any cancellation charges.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Sad Reality of managing the customer account

The current new customer price for F2 with telephony on a PAYG  basis is £35 so you are getting a pretty decent discount if you are paying £25 , I doubt that price would be offered again .

It’s a little unclear what the issue is , obviously you are under no obligation to change anything for a while , but as stated when you get to the end of a discount period the price may go up , you haven’t said what it will go up to , is it  less or the same as the new customer price ?

If the only deal you are offered today ( which is a couple of months before you need to do anything ) only includes Halo which you don’t want , simply leave any conversation with BT to much closer to the actual end of your minimum term when you are in a better position to negotiate, or potentially the ‘out of contract’ price may be better than the new customer price anyway , without the restrictions of being inside a minimum term .

If you have received a communication from BT about renewing, you don’t need to act upon it , FWIW , I’m probably 6 months into a 24 month deal and received an ‘offer’ to move to EE for only £3 more than I pay now , ( on exactly the same basis, F2 broadband with PAYG telephony ) I’m not going to take that offer , who in their right mind would .

0 Ratings