cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

International friends and family doesn't seem to be working

I set up a landline for my elderly mother recently (700 anytime minutes and Friends and Family International). I can see the wording 'You currently have Friends and Family International at £2.30' in the account (pic below) but when I look at the Current Usage all international calls are being charged at full rate (e.g. £10.28 for a 14 minute call to the US. By my calculation that should be more like £1). Does anyone know if the cost will change when it comes to the printing of the monthly bill? or am I missing something?BT.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: International friends and family doesn't seem to be working

@ajg3907wrote:

when I look at the Current Usage all international calls are being charged at full rate (e.g. £10.28 for a 14 minute call to the US. By my calculation that should be more like £1).

That sounds right, calls to the USA with the discounted F&F rate would be £12.24 for 14 minutes.
F&F international reduces the rate to 6.85 pence per minute plus a 28.58p setup fee.

More info at BT Calling Costs & Information 

Message 3 of 3

Re: International friends and family doesn't seem to be working

Hi there, I'm a little confused - am I right in thinking the setup fee applies to only the first minute? (i.e. a 10 second call would be 28.58p plus 6.85p). £12.24 for 14 minutes comes out at 87.4p per minute.

To my mind a 14 minute call should be 28.58 + (6.85 x 14) = £1.24

0 Ratings