cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Is Unlimited Fibre Plan (74Mb) FTTC or FTTP?

olie_1-1683676634894.png

It seems superfast broadband (which is FTTC according to openreach) isn't available at my location. I'm using sky standard connection right now. I don't entirely understand how FTTP is available but not FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

This is now a little confusing, your original  statement  suggested that FTTP wasn’t  available but you later post an image that shows it is 

Post the results for your address from this site 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If FTTP is available ( and it probably is ) , it’s the preferred network, and in certain circumstances OR will stop the sale of any ‘new’ copper pair products , so if you are on FTTC with Sky and want to move provider ( not just to BT ) then Openreach may well ‘insist’ on the  installation of FTTP as part of the change of provider , if you don’t want an FTTP install, and want to remain on FTTC , then it’s probable you would need to remain with your current provider for the foreseeable future, until copper based services are completely switched off , and you have no choice but to use FTTP if you want to remain with an ISP that uses Openreach, but this is still many years away.

Does your statement ‘I can’t get FTTP installed’ , really mean there is some restriction ( like a landlord refusal) that you have no control over that stops you ordering FTTP ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Your original screenshot also suggests FTTC rather than FTTP.

As for not understanding why FTTP would be available but not FTTC, they are completely different technologies delivered differently. FTTC is being discontinued and is not provided when FTTP is available.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

It's FTTP, the guarantee being 34 & not a from-to range confirms it

0 Ratings