cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Is a visit from an engineer necessary?

Go to solution

I myself may be confused and if so, forgive me, but if your activation date isn’t until the 21st November, why do you think you should have service before that date?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution
I'm just very surprised that I was given the activation date after connecting and sending the router. I can’t refuse anymore. They just presented me with a fact.

Why don't they do this before signing the contract? As I understand it, the activation date is when the services were turned on; why is it so strictly tied? Why can’t it be done on the day of delivery and the first connection of the router? These are all rhetorical questions...
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

When you agree to the contract that is considered the digital signing - but you can still pull out of the contract until around 14 days (from memory) after the connection is live.  Also, there is a pre-activation cooling-off period of 14 days (minimum) before they will install and activate the service.
Why?  Because people do back out of these contracts and it's more cost-effective all-around to have cooling-off periods!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Very interesting, thank you.
It’s sad when such moments come at the expense of service for loyal customers. I don't think the service should be like this.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

In what way  are you a loyal customer ?

You may think ( and many would agree ) that providing service shouldn’t be like this , but part of the reason for the delay in providing service ( which you assume is ‘ready to go’ and therefore the delay is unnecessary ) , is because although there is a cost in setting up your service, you have the option to cancel your order within a week or two of making it , so conceivably you could order service that’s provided immediately, use it for two weeks , then cancel it during your ‘cooling off period’ .

The country you have moved from may not have the same regulatory restrictions and consumer ‘rights’ as here , so comparison between wherever you were previously is pointless, it may well be the case that your service can be started without a technician visiting, but that doesn’t speed up the process , if the delay is unacceptable you can always cancel , that’s actually part of the reason for the providing a  period between making the order and the  order being completed