cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Is all BT broadband unlimited?

I am staying in a friend's flat and assumed that the Internet is unlimited. Now I'm worried that it will might not be! I know it's BT broadband but not sure if adsl or fibre.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is all BT broadband unlimited?

As per the BT broadband usage policy below states as of all Feb 2020 all packages offer unlimited data even legacy ones.

As a result of coronavirus we removed caps on all of our broadband packages so every customer has unlimited data. This will apply from February 2020.

All customers who currently have limited broadband packages will automatically get unlimited data. This is a permanent change, BT will no longer have limited broadband packages.

There will be no changes to the way your product looks on your bill. You will just no longer incur charges if you go over your data limit.

You don't need to do anything, unlimited data will be applied automatically, so there is no need to call us.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/usage-tracking-and-policies/bt-broadband-usage-poli...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Starman. I had seen that page bit was confused as it seemed to contradict itself further down referring to £2.20 per GB
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It is most likely unlimited. If I remember correctly BT no longer offer packages with usage limits.

It makes no odds if its ADSL or Fibre, it the typ of package that matters but as I said I'm sure the packages are all unlimited.

Easy answer is to ask your friend.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@JimboCyclingwrote:
Thanks Starman. I had seen that page bit was confused as it seemed to contradict itself further down referring to £2.20 per GB

Sorry, already explained by @Starman 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@JimboCyclingwrote:

Don't worry about it. The £2.20 comes under the heading "What happens if I go over my monthly usage allowance?" but, as already explained, there are no limits anymore so that whole paragraph is irrelevant.

It's just another case of BT doing half a job when they 'updated' (or rather semi-updated) the document.