cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is this a sensible approach ?

Hi,

I am 18mths through my 24 mth contract with BT. It is for the basic Halo system with the old style router (6).

I would like to upgrade to the BT Halo3+ option. BT are happy to upgrade me of course, at extra cost, but this would also mean another 24 mth contract,  which with only 6 months left, I am loathe to do.

My question is,  to get around this ;

If I purchase on the Internet,  not BT,   1) a Hub 2, and 2) a Hybrid Connect....will this give me what I am looking for ?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is this a sensible approach ?

@mikeactwrote:

If I purchase on the Internet,  not BT,   1) a Hub 2, and 2) a Hybrid Connect....will this give me what I am looking for ?

If you bought a Smart Hub 2 it would work, it's not comparable to Halo 3+ though as you wouldn't have Complete Wi-Fi.
If you bought a Hybrid Connect from anywhere but BT it also wouldn't work, it's not just the hardware, it has a mobile connection that wouldn't be active for you, so in the event your broadband dropped, you have no connection, with Halo 3+ you would as you'd be subscribed.

Message 3 of 5

Thankyou....understood. 

Will the Hub 2 make any difference to our TV viewing and iPhone , ipad usage etc ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It won't change any of your usage, the hub is a gateway to the internet, personally I prefer my Smart Hub 1 so I can split the bands, the Smart Hub 2 is the newest version and only compatible with Digital Voice, Complete Wi-Fi and the Hybrid Connect, none of which I have so I've not changed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I see...thanks for your input once again. 

0 Ratings