cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Landline phoneline is disabled, changing package is asking for phone number anyway.

I'm on Fibre 1 which doesn't include a phoneline. I'm trying to change package to Home Essentials, but it's asking me for a phone number to verify my landline. The other options is to pick ''I don't pay for a landline'' and then to wait over a month to have somebody come physically install a landline which is already installed.

The online customer support chat says it doesn't staff people for this subject, and instead to phone, but I don't have anyway to phone them (no I can't go to a friends or something). So how can I apply for a package change without having to have to wait for a month for somebody to come to do nothing?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Landline phoneline is disabled, changing package is asking for phone number anyway.

If you have fibre 1 then you obviously pay line rental for a line whether that is copper or fibre but don't have ability to make/receive calls - broadband only. Have you checked you qualify for home essentials before phoning 150 or 0800800150 from a mobile 

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings