cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Late arrival of bill in post

My elderly relative has been receiving her phone bill by post either the day before the bill is due to be paid or just after.  From the dates on the bill it would appear that from the date of printing to the date of payment is 10 days.  Where the hold up is I don't know but the problem is only with BT.  As she does not have internet and all the banks have closed in her area I collect the bill and pay it on-line for her.  This is happening consistently over the last 2-3 years and I often pay the bill just in time.  This month's bill I have had to pay late due to the Easter Weekend.  I am not keen to take over all the monitoring on this account.  It is also essential that she does not get cut off as this is her only means of communication and she is very vulnerable.

What are my options.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Late arrival of bill in post

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for this.  I think a direct debit may be what she needs but I still wonder why it is always the phone bill that arrives late.  No other utility bill does so I think the problem is with BT.  I raised the issue with them before and they just closed the complaint. 

Now to wait forever on the phone trying to get direct debit forms sent out to her.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Try 0800 443311 option 3.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings