cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Leaving BT process. Take care!

Go to solution

After 30+ years with BT, we finally had to leave for financial reasons.  So we cancelled (via the new operator and one phone call to BT to reject their offered but still unbelievably expensive deal).  We were out of contract.  However BT took a full month's payment but we were assured there would be a pro-rata refund - and there was but ONLY to the BT account not to our bank as expected.  For reasons still unknown, the TV contract continued and they just debited the credit balance on the account.  It's impossible now to remember the conversation we had so reluctantly I guess that money has gone.

Morale.  When cancelling, check twice and then check again.  Do not trust the WFH call staff, most of them do not have proper access and seem to be distracted half the time.  Follow up on any cash refunds - even today our BT account is still 'open'. This experience has put me off ever considering a BT deal again. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Leaving BT process. Take care!

Go to solution

If your tv had closed down as well instead of an error & a direct debit was still setup you'd have got a refund anyway. If an errors been made call in & they'll resolve it too, if you called up to cancel & the bb has there'll be notes on the account & they'll be able to resolve it

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @DawnS,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry your leaving BT. If you send me your details, I can take a look at your account to make sure its been correctly.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, @DawnS many thanks for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. I'm glad I was able to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings