cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Letter from BT Saying " We're sorry to see you go"

Go to solution

Good Morning,

We have received a letter this morning from BT saying "We're sorry to see you go".           It states that we ae moving our phone and Broadband.   We are not leaving BT and have not told BT we are doing so.   

Is this a scam?  If not what can we do please?    Already spent half an hour on phone hanging on waiting for someone to speak to.   I gave up when my phone (land line) ran low on battery

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Letter from BT Saying " We're sorry to see you go"

Go to solution

that sounds like someone has mistakenly used your address to move there broadband.  there should be a number on the letter to phone to cancel to stop any move

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If you gave up waiting for an answer  from BT , I would try again until you do get an answer, as already stated it’s likely someone has asked another provider to supply service at your address , this could be a mistake basically  they  gave your address instead of the address they should have given , or could be malicious , but to stop it happening you need to let your current provider know , otherwise you will be switched to whatever company has started the process…

Its also possible that it’s ‘slamming’ , basically another company without your consent , has started to migrate you , this can happen with cold calls, stopped in the street , knocks on the door selling etc , where although you say you are not interested they still sign you up anyway , have you had any conversations with other Telecom companies ? the letter you have received is the safeguard against this happening against your will, but obviously you need to follow the instructions on the letter 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you both for replying.  I will have to keep trying the number given in the Letter.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @PatsyJ,

Thank you for posting. It sounds like someone has ordered or moved their Broadband and used your address by mistake. 

Where were you able to get speaking to BT? If you still need help, I'll be able to take a look at this for you. 

If you send me your details, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. I  have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Paddy,

I finally got through via online chat much later in the day and was going to update today.  They said the request to leave BT was initiated by Sky.  Other than that we don't know how this happened.  Certainly not from us.  They  have cancelled the request to leave so problem solved.  Thank you for your message and other advice 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @PatsyJ,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

Thanks, 

Paddy

0 Ratings