Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Line Rental Saver discount

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@-Richie-wrote:

@John2022wrote:

Yes I know its an error. 

I don't see the error, Line Rental Saver is reflected by a recurring discount of £19.99 for 12 months, which is what the email states.

Really?  I think you need to read it again.

I honestly have, what am I missing  ? it states pay £219.84 up front and get 12 months discount applied at £19.99 per month, so you gain £20.04 over 12 months, which doesn't even cover a months line rental.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@rbz5416wrote:

@-Richie- 

As he posted in the OP, the message says the discount is £19.99 each month.

But this raises an interesting question. If line rental is £19.99 per month, how come taking broadband only without line rental only saves £5 per month? 🤔

Line rental isn't £19.99 per month though, currently at the time of posting this, the standard line rental charge is £21.10 and by the time the OP renews in April it will be £23.05 per month.
Yes there are discounted line only packages with no broadband but line rental saver isn't available to solus line customers, so only line and broadband can benefit from line rental saver.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

@-Richie-wrote:

@John2022wrote:

Yes I know its an error. 

I don't see the error, Line Rental Saver is reflected by a recurring discount of £19.99 for 12 months, which is what the email states.

Really?  I think you need to read it again.

I honestly have, what am I missing  ? it states pay £219.84 up front and get 12 months discount applied at £19.99 per month, so you gain £20.04 over 12 months, which doesn't even cover a months line rental.

Then it should read 'at the discounted price of £19.99per month' not £19.99 discount per month, a huge difference in syntax.

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Then it should read 'at the discounted price of £19.99per month' not £19.99 discount per month, a huge difference in syntax.

That would be incorrect though, you're not getting anything discounted to £19.99 per month, you're paying £219.84 to get 12 monthly credits of £19.99, to me it's more comparable to buying a £100 gift card for £90

The OP stated there was an error with the offer, which I don't see because it states line rental saver costs £219.84, which gives a discount of £19.99 each month and it does.

For example let's take a new customer signing up to Fibre 1 today, let's exclude postage and call charges etc to keep it simple, it's advertised at £29.99 per month, this is the difference :

They make 12 payments of £29.99 in a year = £359.88
If they had line rental saver the bill would show :

Line and broadband £29.99
Line rental saver -£19.99 credit
Total to pay = £10

That £10 per month x 12 months = £120 + £219.84 for taking out line rental saver = £339.84 paid to BT in 12 months

£359.88 without line rental saver
£339.84 with line rental saver
A saving of £20.04 over 12 months

Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Ok, I can see your logic but to the man on the Clapham omnibus the offer still looks like you are getting a £19.99 discount per month. Yes, you are but you are paying £219.84 to obtain it whereas the implication is that the full price would be £459.72 without the discount.

Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

I know this an old thread but I find the wording to describe 'Line Rental Saver' discount very confusing indeed.  So is this how it works?

1.  X= Total Line Rental (without any discounts) for the whole year. The X/12 monthly amount will be bundled into your broadband package amount in your monthly bill.

2. You buy X with Y (ie.  where Y is less than X by an amount X/12 , which is one-month rental saving).

3. But because you've now actually bought X you don't have to pay the monthly amount X/12 that is bundled in with your broadband package.   Therefore , BT will apply a discount amount of  X/12 to remove any line rental amount from your bill.

Whoever designed this logic needs some training on creating customer friendly invoices which are clear and cannot be easily misinterpreted. 

BT should  have some side note on the bill stating the following:

Show the standard undiscounted line rental = X 

Show the line rental payment = Y  

Show the discount =  X/12

Then state that the line rental X is now deemed paid therefore a credit of  X/12  = £19.99 will show on the monthly bills from a start date to an end date.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Can by anyone explain why my expectations of line rental saver is incorrect!

monthly line charge£23.05 x12 =£276.6/year

line saver charge £219.84/year up front payment.

expected saving £276.6  - £219.84 = £56.76.

Is this creative accouting.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

As far as I am aware you only get 1 months rental discounted (ie. £23.05). Unless I am mistaken, I think you will need to pay £23.05 x 11 up front . This is what BT says on Line Rental:
--------------------------
BT Line Rental Saver discount
If you pay in advance by debit/credit card, you can get one month free.
------------------------
Maybe someone from BT can confirm the answer to your question.

If you kept that £276.6 in a savings account , you will probably get 4% interest , approx £11 .  So your real saving might be about £12  per year.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Jimbo7, the advice above from @HUMBUG1 is right. 'If you pay in advance by debit/credit card, you can get one month free.' check out BT Line Rental Saver discount | BT Help for more information.

cheers

John

0 Ratings