cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Migration to new EE nightmare

Hi everyone - I'm having a bit of a nightmare helping with a family members account I manage, and I'm hoping the community can shed some light on the best person to speak to, having known how helpful it has been in the past. I'll list a timeline below but will do my best to summarise!

Mid December - My elderly family member calls up because of a fault with the telephone line. As part of this, she was moved to the Digital Voice service, which I know had to happen anyways. She was told there would be no charges for the engineer visit, and no charge on the account.

The advisor placed her on a new 24 month contract, and used the email "abc123@bt.com" to send the order confirmation. She had no idea she had renewed, it would not be possible to leave a phone call not knowing you have placed an order as they have to read all the T&Cs. A service charge was also applied to the account, with an order for Hybrid Connect.

24 December - I realise that the account has been renewed and call up to ask what's going on. I lodge a complaint because of the mis-selling (which they were meant to ring with the outcome of but never did - as the service charge needed to be refunded). And luckily we were still in 14 days of the order being placed so it was able to be reverted. I dread to think the nightmare it would have been to get out of had this not been the case, as the service was very expensive.

17 January - I call up to chase the complaint and find out it was not logged. They agree a £30 good will credit as well as the £11.99 for the service charge. The contract is not up until March, so I am told to ring back then for the best deals.

30 March - I ring up to renew and find out that there are still no complaints logged on the account and not even the credit for the service charge was applied. I negotiate with this agent and we agree £41.99 for the broadband + digital voice with unlimited call package. They agree a £20 credit as he cannot actually find any record of a complaint so this is simply a gesture. This was on the new EE platform which at the time I thought you had to be moved to but apparently not had I known this I would have never migrated. He reads all the T&Cs which takes ages, but cannot place the order on his end.

He says they're not able to place the order because I have BT TV on the account currently but want to remove that, but the migration system will not allow them to do so. He transfers me to the connections team, who gets this sorted at long last. By now I have probably been on the phone for an hour. The connections team resolves the issues on the account and transfers me back to a new agent in sales who I have to go through all this spiel with all over again.

I explain to the agent the nightmare I am having, he agrees to credit my account £60 which didn't give me any hope as the agent I had literally just spoken to agreed £20 credit, but what do you know? NOT showing on the account. He sends me an email of the complaint to confirm the £60 was actually applied.

He explains that to place the order, he needs to put it through with the EE TV, a service I do not want, making it £51.99, but that when the order completes he will manually access my account and remove this service. I agree to this despite the peculiarity of the situation, and at this point had been on the line for about 2 hours and heard every song in the hold music playlist. 

He finally places the order, knocks £2 off my monthly making it £39.99 and wishes me a good day. This I was happy with as the BT service was about £73

3 April - Service goes live on new EE

Bill generated on BT for £73.32, but has that random £20 credit applied so it is £53.32 (?)

4 April - Surprisingly, someone does actually cancel the EE TV on the account. 

This is where I get to the real issues now with this migration

11 April - BT takes the £53.32 by direct debit

12 April - EE takes £51.31 by direct debit (this is meant to be £39.99)

So I have no £60 compensation and two bills (one of which is wrong). 

I also cannot access the new EE account, as I was never sent an email to set it up, and when trying to link the account number to the EE account already existing for a sim only deal, am given an error.

Today (24 April) - I ring up to find out what has gone on. The agent looks at both accounts, and 'credits' (I say this loosely as this is genuinely the third time I have been told a credit will be applied, only for it to not be) the new EE account with the £60 as 'there was an issue closing your BT account so it is still open' meaning the credit never transferred. Okay, fine.

I question the higher EE bill (which I am not able to view for myself, only know the amount as I cannot access the account). He says it is difficult to explain but because of the issues with closing the BT account, a charge was applied to the EE account (??), not really sure what he means but nonetheless credits the difference £11.33 (51.32 - 39.99).

Finally, I ask why two bills have been generated and paid in the same month. He explains that because you pay a month in advance, this is the case, it should have been refunded but because the system was unable to automatically close the account, it was never done.

He says the account with BT is now closed and in a few days an "account summary" will be generated and then there should be a refund but cannot confirm the amount or what it will be based off of. 

I ask to view the EE account, as I cannot link the broadband to the pre-existing mobile account. And he says it will take seven days as it has been raised with the tech team. He says there is a massive backlog because everyone is having this issue. But soon an email will be sent to create a password, which doesn't make any sense because there is already an EE ID under this email. 

Hope that makes sense, if a moderator is able to take a look at the account and:

- confirm that some money will be refunded from the BT account final bill

- the credit has been actually applied

- a ticket has been raised to be able to access My EE

that would be massively appreciated but if not please take this as a warning to never migrate from BT to new EE, the process has been a nightmare at every turn and left me feeling so confused at how a company of this scale has so many broken processes in place.

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Migration to new EE nightmare

@albertj 

EE have their own forum, so you would be better raising the issue there, as they are now an EE customer. The BT Retail account should close, and a final bill should be produced.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings