cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Mis Sold New Broadband package.

Go to solution

@DIWIL  During this period of misunderstanding, did you really switch to digital 'phone?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

I read this post with interest, as I believe that I was also missold a broadband package. As a widowed pensioner living alone, and given current financial constraints, I am trying to save money wherever possible. I currently pay over £80 pm for broadband Halo 3. The contract runs until June 2025. Looking at prices for new customers I worked out that I am currently paying more than £50 pm more than new customers. The website states that existing customers will not be charged more than new customers. I called yesterday to query this; the call handler was sympathetic but could not assist as I am still in contract. Although she said that I could call again four months before the contract expires, I will not renew my contract as I have lost confidence in BT as my broadband supplier. I asked her to note my file to confirm this.

I did not need Halo 3, by the way, as I don’t need it, and the additional unit gets in my way. I complained about this at the time but got nowhere

It’s bye bye BT for me next year

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hey there @Simmo136.

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the BT Community forums!

We'd certainly hate for you to feel that you're not getting the best value for money from your current contract, and I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't get the outcome you were looking for when reaching out to our team for help. 

If you're feeling like this was mis-sold, have you had a chance to try raising this with our dedicated complaints team?

They'll be able to take ownership and make sure this is logged on your account, ensuring we've looked at every option we can to support you.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
It's good the moderators are acting to sort out this mis-selling. However, these are not isolated incidents, and BT's business model appears to be to upsell all customers whenever there is a chance to do so. Their telephone agents are incentivised to do this via their commissions.
Once you have accepted a Halo deal (whether you needed it or not) BT seem to do everything it can to prevent you from downgading to the cheaper deals offered to new customers.
I'm not clear how much influence the moderators have over BT's selling policies but it would be good if they expressed their reservations about it to their management chain
0 Ratings