cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Mis-sold BT home move package - Complaint going nowhere

I'm feeling at the end of my tether, I phoned to make a home move with BT and as they had to downgrade the package from Fibre 100 to Fibre 2 as I do not have full fibre at my new property they couldn't get the package exactly the same but instead of £19.41 it would be £19.99 and they would waive the set up fee. 

I was happy and agreed to those terms until the emails came through saying that the package would be £39.99 with a £11.99 set up fee. Phoned back straight away and put a complaint in saying that the package is incorrect and I have been mis-sold and promised a callback after they listened to the phone call back.

Callback never happened so I called again and they said they couldn't change anything until the service was live so I called back yet again today and lo and behold the customer representative said he couldn't do anything so in his opinion I should just cancel. I asked for an update to the complaint as the previous person I spoke to said it was no problem to change once the service was live and he just said he couldn't give me anything and no way to contact someone. I asked for the complaint to be escalated but I have little faith this has been done. 

I was on the phone for 45 mins and don't want to be on hold again and I've tried to check the complaint status online but that just comes up with a network issue. 

How do I get an update on the complaint or for someone to look into it or do I have to wait 8 weeks and just raise it with the Ombudsman?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mis-sold BT home move package - Complaint going nowhere

The links in this post may help

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Make-formal-complaint-about-BT-treatment-of...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings