cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Misleading and no complaint department

Don't really know what to do as they mislead me totally. Last Thursday when talking to BT we agreed to add on to my contract in the form of a full house WiFi. They sent me a contract stating Broadband Package for: 24 months. You've got Complete Wi-Fi. We'll send additional Complete Wi-Fi discs to guarantee a reliable Wi-Fi connection in every room of your home. We'll send you up-to three discs to ensure this.
Today they said I had at least two different contracts created (it was not me creating them!) and they could not find my order!
Each time I spoke to them each person was stating something different and there was NO SOLUTION provided.
Some of their customer representatives were really rude and patronising. I spent at least three hours of my time trying to sort it out. They mislead me completely and I am not getting the service I was promised in the email with a valid 24 month contract with a promotional price and discount.
If I could I would just cancel their services. They are unreliable, misleading and in times patronising...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Misleading and no complaint department

There is a complaints department:

Our complaints code of practice (bt.com)

We are mostly all customer on these forums though so cant give you any insights into your account, sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

When you call BT and are not happy they should open a complaint, that person owns the complaint unless it reaches a point where you cannot agree on a resolution then it gets escalated to a manager who will be able to get it sorted and discuss options if you still not happy.  I would give them a call back and stick with it until you get a solution you are happy with. If you and BT can't agree what that is it will go to deadlock which is where OFCOM get involved

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Manatarms84 

You mention to complain to Ofcom with unresolved complaint regarding BT. Ofcom do not deal with individual customer complaints.

Their website

The types of complaint Ofcom deals with - Ofcom

clearly states:-

"We deal with complaints from people and businesses, which helps us to take action against firms when they let customers down.

Parliament has not given us powers to resolve people’s complaints about their phone or broadband service. Instead, these can be dealt with by Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services.

Although we don’t investigate individual complaints, by highlighting problems you play a vital part in our work and we might investigate a company if monitoring reveals a particular problem.

Complain about mobile, phone or internet services

If a customer has gone through the ISP's complaints procedure and they feel they have not reached a satisfactory conclusion they have to get a deadlock letter and then they can complain to the Communications Ombudsman as found in this link.

Home | Communications Ombudsman (commsombudsman.org)

Message 5 of 5

Apologies yeah meaning the ombudsman not OFCOM

0 Ratings