cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Miss Sold Speed - Options

I haven't yet, the girl who came and installed told me everything was OK. 

But I'm starting the process now of not meeting speed so I'll make sure everything is uncovered. Its the first time I've had this fibre connection but I don't think its the first time the house has had it. 

How do I get them to start a case of checking I get above 10 and getting that process started? Because it absolutely hits less than 10 most of the time

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Not even Openreach can change the laws of physics.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

@macca81625 

hub stats you posted showed 13mb connection speed so obviously your line is capable of a connection speed in excess of 10mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Mistakes happen. It would appear that the BT staff did not knowingly sell you a product that can not achieve the guaranteed minimum speed that you were give.

As there is no way that your line can deliver the guaranteed speed, you need to decide whether to cancel the service because it does not meet the guaranteed speed or you allow BT to try and get you the guaranteed speed, which they obviously will not be able to achieve, and you just suck it up and accept the £20 compensation for not achieving it.

In any event this thread is now going round in circles so it is down to you to decide.

Message 25 of 29

@imjolly 

Did you just totally disregard the screenshot earlier where the bt app shows speed to my hub as 8.7mbs? 

I've said that is where it lives very often! Unless I reboot in the evening, it stays high and then drops again in the morning

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

@macca81625 wrote:

@imjolly 

Did you just totally disregard the screenshot earlier where the bt app shows speed to my hub as 8.7mbs? 

I've said that is where it lives very often! Unless I reboot in the evening, it stays high and then drops again in the morning

You seem to be missing the point about the USO 10mps. That figure is not just what your line can deliver at present, it includes any way that you can be serviced with broadband at that speed from any other service such as Starlink, 4/5g or another ISP.

If you can get 10mbps in any of these ways you will not qualify for the USO.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

the speed is to your router not an app and the stats you posted from your hub show 13mb connection speed - that's all that counts for 10mb USO

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

@macca81625 wrote:

@imjolly 

Did you totally disregard that the speed in question is the sync speed as shown by your router, not download speed.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

There isn’t a lot of point  conflating 2 issues ,

Your screenshot of the router stats (message 9 ) clearly shows your connection ( sync ) rate at 13Mb , that is unarguably USO compliant, even if it were not , it’s not simply a case of pointing out your connection is below 10Mb and expecting compensation for that , or expecting it to be immediately resolved, as pointed out , if a mobile can deliver 10Mb speed the USO is satisfied.

Attempting to follow the ‘not meeting the USO’ route , provided BT agree your line isn’t compliant, gives BT 12 months to come up with a solution ( which could be mobile ) and a further 12 months to implement it , that’s assuming your address isn’t already in some commercial rollout plan that would provide the USO speed once that commercial rollout is completed.

The more pertinent point , given that you were guaranteed something that cannot be delivered, the options are already known , ask to be released from your minimum term and find another provider ( this is what the minimum speed guarantee is actually for ) ,  but the next provider  will presumably provide a minimum speed guarantee of around 8-10Mb , so your actual speed will give you no reason to complain, or ‘claim’ under the BT guarantee , until you can renew or leave , you will almost certainly find at renewal , BT will have reduced your ‘guaranteed speed’ to what they should have quoted in the first place .