cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Missed Activation , Compensation due

I placed an order on March 16 for Fibre Broadband 2 with an activation date of March 27 this day came and an openreach engineer came and fitted a microfilter socket and advised me he could not connect me as he had been given the wrong routing /cabinet to the pole issues .

March 28 another openreach engineer  came and checked the first guys work and yet again told me there were issues connecting me as BT had given them the wrong routing /cabinet pole issues , Later this day i contacted BT who were clueless and advised me that openreach would be visiting again on March 30 to solve the issue .

March 30 came and NO engineer visit i phone BT who told me that openreach had cancelled my order !

BT than advised me that they would have to create a new order  but i had to wait 24 hours for there systems to update with case notes .

Friday 31 new order placed with an activation date of April 17 along with a new customer number provided .

April 4 had a text to contact BT support as my order had been cancelled as they tried to take over someone elses line which obviously was rejected , So they advised that this order was now cancelled and that they would have to create Order number three and yet again another new customer number , thankfully i was given an activation date of April 11 which has happened and my service is finally  up and running well .

Upon speaking to BT customer services today i fell they have tried to fob me off by saying i need to wait 30 days to get any type of compensation ...what has made it confusing is the 3 different customer numbers . 3 different orders and there is 3 open complaints all for the same issue ,they also sent out another lot of router equipment that i had to wait in for to be delivered despite order number ones kit already installed that i than had to return via the post office

It has become exhausting having to explain this every time and i get the impression they dont really care and are trying to get out of paying any compensation.

Guess Ofcom is the way forward ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Missed Activation , Compensation due

I have asked a moderator to look at this.

Message 3 of 9

Hi @MattLines and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your orders. I'm sorry it took so long to get you connected. The advice you were given about the 30 days is correct, however, due to the number of orders it might get a little complicated as to which compensation is from which order. My advice would be to hold on and check the account for any credits. If it doesn't make sense then post back and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thank you for your reply DavidM

I have little confidence in BT to  resolve this without   effort on my part considering the mistakes they have made so far !

My new and current account number shows  the activation date that has gone live and works fine  BUT  its the previous 2 account numbers and order numbers that have the  13 day delays / missed engineer visits .

I have spent hours on the phone being passed around different  departments  trying to get this resolved not to mention inconvenient trips to the post office to collect unnecessary routers/equipment only to pack them back up and send them back !

Ps why do BT have to use a new account number for every order ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @MattLines

Thank you for posting back!

I am sorry for the delay connecting your services and for the confusion with the number of account/order numbers you've been given.

Due to the fact that you've spent so much time on the phone and you're no further forward, we'll pick up and help sort everything out from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 6 of 9

I think the 30 days is because the compensation is meant to be applied automatically so will go to your next bill.  

I'm in a similar situation with no shows and delays in activation but assume it'll be automatically applied.  I've had comp in the past for delays and it came thru without needing to ask.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for taking the time to reply and sorry to hear about your dramas ...

I have little confidence in Compensation being automatically applied due to the fact it stems from one of my cancelled orders .

I also have 3 account numbers , 3 open complaints and 3 orders - 2 of which are cancelled ...lets hope they dont take 3 direct debits !!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Yep mine was simple as all one account and order number, with multiple numbers I doubt they'll track any delays if the orders show as cancelled.

Mine was sorted today, Digital voice not activated  but that's no biggy, fingers crossed the comp comes thru automatically. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon. Been stuck with ASDL for years so finally getting fibre is a result.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

So just an update for you all ....

My issues continue whilst i patiently  await automatic compo in my next billing cycle so  its now the turn of the  digital virtual reward card to become a problem as i have had two emails 7 days ago stating that it had been sent and its on its way and guess what NOTHING !

Overall complaint is being handled by someone in the executive team although i have little confidence in there ability to resolve this embarrassing incompetent saga !

0 Ratings