cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Missed Payment Arrears

Hi, I am wondering if someone can help.

We recently ended our BT broadband subscription and moved to another property with a different provider, Nov-23. It’s worth noting the contract had come to an end when we moved and we did notify BT. We thought everything had ran smoothly until this week when our mortgage broker informed us we had a missed payment pending on my credit file for monies owed to BT, as you can imagine this has left us in a difficult position. I quickly logged on last night and saw there was a £29 balance on the account and £7 late payment fee, I have made this payment in order to avoid any further damage, however, I am confused as to what happened and if anything can be done regarding the damage to my credit file, the first I had known regarding the arrears was through my mortgage broker. Any help appreciated!

Thank you ! 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Missed Payment Arrears

@Callum1291 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

The first thing you need to do is raise a dispute with either Equifax or Experian, depending on who the debt is with. You can do that at 

• Online at www.equifax.co.uk/ask
  • Call 0800 014 2955
  • Address – Equifax Ltd
    • Customer Service Centre
    • PO Box 10036
    • Leicester
    • LE3 4FS

or 

• Online at www.experian.co.uk
  • Call 0344 481 8000
  • Address - Experian Headquarters Talbot House
    • Talbot Street