cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Missed contract end date

Hello,

My current BT contract ends on 22nd July.

I've been checking with my new ISP install dates, and they had plenty that week when I checked on Friday. When I got to place the order today, earliest was 25th July - which I have chosen (but it's 3 days after BT contract ends)

My concern is, as I'm no longer in contract (30 days rolling). Will BT charge me for whole month or just for the 2 days until new ISP takes over?

I was going to cancel auto renew with BT (and have no internet for 2 days) but i believe I need to give 30 days notice. So missed that as well?

Comes worst, I might have to postpone install of the new broadband unless they can bring it forward 1 working day...

Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Missed contract end date

Changes to the bill will take place the day the services change - but the first bill is usually odd and may be higher than you think it should be - but all is sorted for the second bill with any credit appearing.

Your billing date will usually stay the same which is why it goes odd.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks,

So in simpler words,

BT will only charge me for the 2 days after their contract ends and new ISP switchover?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes - but the first bill may be odd as it will be made up of current and advance charges based in two different months. Plus you have already paid in advance for stuff you have cancelled.

It will correct on the second bill after the upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Switching ISPs usually takes 2 weeks which is why your new provider has given the 25th as the changeover date.

If this date is before your normal next BT billing date then you may get a single final bill covering the period from the last bill to cessation which will be adjusted for anything charged for after 25 July.

If you are expecting a bill between now and the 25th it will be for a complete month including the full out of contract rate from the 22nd to the billing period end. This bill will be collected by your usual payment method.
When the changeover takes place BT will issue a final bill which will be a credit for the period 25th July to the billing end period previously charged - this should be repaid to you within 14 days via the usual payment ie a receipt.

Message 6 of 6

Based on the fact that you are worried about the out of contract period then you haven't had a bill yet covering the 22nd onwards which indicates your bills are generated prior to the 22nd and based on that you will receive a bill as normal this month which will cover a monthly period into August and payment will be collected in full for that bill.

0 Ratings