cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moved Home. Now a year later i come to know that i am on a nee contract

I am a customer of BT since 2006. Last year i mooved home. While mooving home i used MyBT portal as searches told me that best and simplest way was to use myBT portal.

After i mooved, Since i left the device at old address, i was told that i should have carried the device with me,  i gave a call to BT. Later on, i was told that I don’t have to pay for the device And BT will ship new device.

Later on, few month doen the line BT sent me a bill for the old device(between £50-£100) which i ended up paying without complaining as i felt it wasn’t worth.

Now a year later i was trying to cancel my account and i am being told that i have a year left and have to pay £830/- for breaking contract. 

Dont know who to contact to as this is lot of money.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moved Home. Now a year later i come to know that i am on a nee contract

@mishrasunil 

When you moved home, you would have started a new 24 month contract, so you still have a year to go.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Signing a new contract bit I am not aware.  I only requested to moove home on the BT portal. 

I suspect problem happened because i made a call at the time of moving home and something must have been done on my account so that a new router device ( i left mine at previous address) could have been delivered to me.

I want to raise a complaint. But adviser over phone didn’t gave any details. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@mishrasunil 

Moving home normally starts a new contract, unless you have at least three months left on you old contract.

If you change your package in the process, that also starts a new contract.

You best option is to cancel your cancellation request, and stay with BT until the end of your contract, then you will not have to pay the cancellation charge.

See https://www.bt.com/exp/moving-home

"If you choose to keep your existing package, you will need to take your equipment with you to your new home. You can continue on the same contract with the same account. Upgrading your package starts a new contract."

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@mishrasunil 

If you want to view your current contract, then this post should show you where to find it.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Find-out-contract-end-date/m-p/2291492#M155083

0 Ratings