cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Moving out - can I take the broadband but leave the phone number

I currently live with my mum and I am moving house soon. I am the bill payer for our phone/broadband package, and with 9 months left on my contract I wish to transfer my account to my new address when I leave. 

I have checked the moving page and this seems fairly straight forward, even telling me I can’t have the same phone number due to the new area. 

My question is, if I move houses and don’t take the number, does the number stay with the property?

I know I’m probably being over cautious but my mum has had the number for donkeys and I wouldn’t want to move and send her number into the ether without realising. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving out - can I take the broadband but leave the phone number

have you tried phoning the moving home team to see if they are able to just move broadband but leave phone number?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

I tried yesterday but couldn’t get through when I tried, but I will try again today
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The only way to guarantee keeping the number is for you to remain the BT account holder, that also leaves you liable for billing.

To do so you can cancel the BB and go line only, then create a new 2nd account for your new home.

Alternatively, you can move your services to your new home, this will cease the services at your old address, then your mum can create a new account for her services, once live you can request the old number back, there's no guarantee this will work and there's a £27 charge for doing so.

0 Ratings