cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Moving to EE ?

A few questions - can anyone help?

1. When I log into my account details on the website for BT, I do not see any offers to upgrade/move to EE broadband, how come?

2. If I am still in contract with BT for broadband only, can I move to EE broadband without incurring a penalty fee?

3. How come, with FTTC only, which is what we have, BT onlu guarantee speeds up to 43MBps download but somehow EE can guarantee 67 ? Isn't it all the same cables/network if it is just FTTC ?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Moving to EE ?

@Hawkmoon19 wrote:

A few questions - can anyone help?

1. When I log into my account details on the website for BT, I do not see any offers to upgrade/move to EE broadband, how come?

2. If I am still in contract with BT for broadband only, can I move to EE broadband without incurring a penalty fee? You have to phone BT on 0330 123 4150 to arrange the regrade from BT to EE. Make sure that you are wanting it to go through as a REGRADE.

3. How come, with FTTC only, which is what we have, BT onlu guarantee speeds up to 43MBps download but somehow EE can guarantee 67 ? Isn't it all the same cables/network if it is just FTTC ? What speed are you getting at present? Does it exceed 67Mbps?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

BT guarantee is 43MBps download and I typically get about 50 max - somehow EE guarantee 67 download - how though?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

@Hawkmoon19 wrote:
BT guarantee is 43MBps download and I typically get about 50 max - somehow EE guarantee 67 download - how though?

The guarantee is as far as I am aware based upon what is know about your line and how it has performed. If you presently can not get over 50Mbps I have no idea how EE can say they will guarantee 67Mbps.

Can you post the stats page from your BT hub. Log onto the hub and go to Advance settings > Technical Log > Information. Copy and paste the stats from  Data Rate to Broadband user name.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

The speed you get now will be the speed you will get if you move to EE.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Data rate:9.999 Mbps / 55 Mbps
Maximum data rate:19.827 Mbps / 87.025 Mbps
Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:On
Noise margin:13.2 / 11.3
Line attenuation:11.1 / 18.1
Signal attenuation:11.1 / 19.7
VLAN id:101
Upstream error control:Off
Downstream error control:Off
Data sent / received:97.4 GB Uploaded / 1438.6 GB Downloaded
Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

You would appear to be on a Fibre 1 package that limits your speed to 55Mbps.

The line can deliver up to 87Mbps so if you go for a "higher" package your speed will increase so that is why EE will be able to guarantee 67Mbps but as I said, it would mean you getting a different package.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

weird as this is the fastest speed BT offer me (43MBps download) though - so it's still kind of weird that BT wouldn't have offered me the max line speed isn't it?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Obviously I can not answer why you were not offered a higher package. Perhaps at the time that was all your line was able to deliver but due to some changes on your line the speed has now increased.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Unfortunately it seems EE will make any promise if it persuades people to move from BT to EE
0 Ratings