Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: My Package

Go to solution

@Thompson218wrote:

Sorry for the delay replying.

Thanks for the links, those packages are £30 or thereabouts, why is my package costing £50?

You have Halo broadband which costs more than packages without the Halo benefits, essentially comparing apples to oranges.

You can do away with calls but you would only save the cost of your calling plan, if your PAYG calls is free, you won't make any saving switching to broadband only.

Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks, may I ask what are the Halo benefits?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Its ok, just found it myself. I didn't actually realise that Halo was something more than standard BB. Trouble is none of those benefits are of real value to me. Certainly not for £240 a year. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Apologies for drip feeding the questions!

So, given that I am only getting 20Mbps with Halo fibre (it's all I expected for this postcode) what would happen if I dropped to standard BB.

Is that still fibre to the cabinet?

I'm ok to lose the Halo "benefits" but would I lose any speed?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@Thompson218wrote:

Apologies for drip feeding the questions!

So, given that I am only getting 20Mbps with Halo fibre (it's all I expected for this postcode) what would happen if I dropped to standard BB.

Is that still fibre to the cabinet?

I'm ok to lose the Halo "benefits" but would I lose any speed?

Thanks.

You could downgrade to Essential and keep the same speeds, you would lose antivirus licenses and 800GB of free cloud storage though.
As you have 12 months left on your current contract you're not going to see downgrade options though, you're contracted at a higher rate and only half way through your existing contract, you'll need to be closer to the end of the term for better deals to be available.

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
Ok, understood thanks - I can buy a lot of cloud space and AV solutions with that £30 / month.
Thanks again.
0 Ratings