cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

My contract is up for renewal why can't I have the deal I want

My contract is up soon ( I've been with BT for 15+ years) so I looked for deals on the BT website.  I found a deal for £47.54 but on requesting was told the best deal, they could offer was £69.99! 

I asked if I closed my account and my husband opened a new account would he be able to get the deal of £47.54. I was told yes but we would have no Internet for 2 weeks whilst it was set up!

Not a happy customer

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: My contract is up for renewal why can't I have the deal I want

try phoning retentions team 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate.  make sure you know what BT deals are on offer ensuring they are same as your current package but also have a look at other ISP offers and use that information as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

You wouldn't close the account, your other half would apply to take over the line as a new customer. There would be no loss of service beyond maybe a few hours on the day.

You would however likely lose your phone number, if you have one.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I don't have a phone line only broadband. The agent advised that I would have no Internet for 2 weeks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

That's only if you cancel first, as that will place a cease on the link. A working line takeover will cancel your account as soon as the new one goes live.

0 Ratings