cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

My neighbour has FTTP but i can't get it

Go to solution

I live in a 20 y/o property. Nobody at Openreach are explaining why I can't have FTTP, while my  next door neighbour can. An openreach engineer checked the chamber 20m from my property (while on another job) and confirmed there is a spare CBT node available for my property to connect to. ??? Help!!!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: My neighbour has FTTP but i can't get it

Go to solution

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

villaed74_0-1716569272398.pngvillaed74_1-1716569361827.png

Thanks, Hope you can read it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

When you post dslchecker results please post notes as well

Are you currently a BT broadband customer?  If so try using your phone number see if different 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Post the result from the same checker for an immediate neighbour that shows they have FTTP available and indicate the way the addresses are ‘linked’ , like part of same terrace of 4 houses, or the other half of a semi detached, or a next door neighbour but a separate dwelling 15m away , that type of thing

, also is there anything out of the ordinary about your address , like  is it a flat/apartment etc ,or has an wired variation on the address ( compared to the addresses that can get FTTP ) …it’s usually an address issue if a property can’t get FTTP but the surrounding properties can 

Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

i thought i had posted the notes, aren't these them?

villaed74_0-1716574320665.png

I am a Sky customer therefore have a BT phone line, when i put my phone number in i get this message

'There is no data available. This may be because it is not a BT line or it is a number which has been moved to an IP Voice service. We advise using the address to check availability instead. '

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

You are a sky broadband customer and have a phone line from SKY. Not BT. The line belongs to openreach not BT

You need to post ON SKY community forum not BT RETAIL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

This is the exchange info for my next door neighbour who's property is approx 15m from mine. We both live in detached houses and there is nothing different about our addresses. Thanks

villaed74_0-1716575088616.pngvillaed74_1-1716575116446.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

You can use this form to ask OpenReach to check the records for your house:

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

But you will need to follow up on the Sky broadboand forum not here.

Go to solution

@villaed74 

As @imjolly has said you are a Sky customer. They now have their own fibre optic network which does not use Openreach. The use this to deliver Sky Glass TV etc. Locally they use Avonline Networks to run the fibre along the same route as the Virgin Media cables take. Trailing it across the gardens.

You need to post here https://helpforum.sky.com/

Nobody on this BT consumer forum would be able to help.