cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

MyBT login failure

Hi, I have not been able to login to MyBT for the past few weeks - Windows10, PC. I go through the login procedure and it goes to a screen saying 'access denied'. Back to myBT tab and it has changed from 'login' to 'logout'. I have cleared the browser history and cookies. I am not using a VPN on this browser. My email works but there is no access to my account. Any help very much appreciated!

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: MyBT login failure

Hi @Andyroo1,

Can you log into the MyBT app on a smartphone or tablet device?

Have you tried any other devices to see if it's an issue with a device or home network?

Let me know, please as we may need to look into your account for you.

Thanks,

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried with a friend's smartphone and the app lets me into the account OK (I do not have a smartphone due to poor mobile coverage so it's not worth it).

The home wifi is fine and my internet is via BT FTP Halo, 500Mb/s

I heard on another forum that BT have changed their MyBT web system and there are problems with PC's. Dunno if that's the case - but it's a major problem here.

Thanks, Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

@Andyroo1 Thanks for replying, as it works ok on the app it usually indicates there is no issue with the login details or account.

Have you tried an alternative browser on your PC?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Hi Neil, Yes, I've tried Avast Secure Browser, Firefox and Edge. Also tried on three different PC's all to no avail. That is why I am thinking it is a Website issue... Thanks, A

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@Andyroo1 No worries, you've done everything you can on your side. I'll send you a private message and we'll be happy to get that looked into further.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Have same problem here I think. Found this occurring yesterday.  After trying everything contacted BT via web chat about it. Spent ages with them with no solution other they are passing to a more technical team who would contact me today ultimately. No surprise they haven't. So  tried a few more times today  hoping it might have been resolved quietly but no luck still get access denied message on blank page and of course cant access account.

Even had trouble registering here as it seems wont send email confirmation to my main email  had to send to a gmail account. Seems to me access to BT services at the moment are a mess when accessing via website with computer.  Not everyone wants or needs a Smartphone.

Message 8 of 17

Hi @DerekHadlington I'm sorry you're getting the access denied message when trying to access MyBT. We're collating examples of this problem so it can be investigated further. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

👍

Hi, just the same symptoms - also wasted ages on the BT chatroom with resolution promised but did not happen. Agree that they seem to want people to use the 'App' despite all the drawbacks, especially if you don't have a smartphone (with the tiny screen).

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Im having the same issue

Try logging in to MyBt and get acsess denied

0 Ratings