Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4

Netflix and Big Sport

Hello.

It was never an issue before (last season) I had Big Sport and Netflix managed via BT with the basic plan which I then upgraded to their top tier (Netflix).

Yesterday I restarted Big Sport in time for the new football season and my Netflix was billed by themselves and detached from my BT account. 

I managed to get through to someone (strike) but they said you only get Netflix with Entertainment and vip packages now. So I'm paying a hefty sum for Big Sport and Netflix basic is taken away?

Hardly seems fair that

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix and Big Sport

Netflix is included with Entertainment or VIP or you could add Netflix to your account to be be billed by BT. The latter is still an option but you would have to pay for it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Hi and thanks for the reply.

EXACTLY! But the advisor said I can't do that.

(Add Netflix to BT bill).

I'm going to call them back tomorrow in an attempt to escalate this further.

Seems daft though, Entertainment pack almost half the price of Big Sport but doesn't include Netflix basic.

I feel a tad ripped off tbh..

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As I understand it

Whether your flexible TV package includes Netflix within it  or not depends upon which package you have , when you took out that package and sometimes what package you flexed from to your existing package.

If you took out a new Big Sport package it would not include Netflix Basic. that is how BT opt to sell it.

If you had an existing  (older style) Entertainment , Big Entertainment or VIP package that was not inclusive of Netflix then if you flexed to Big Sport then the Big Sport package would not include Netflix Basic.

If you had an existing  (newer) Entertainment , Big Entertainment or VIP package that was inclusive of Netflix then if you flexed to Big Sport then the Big Sport package would include Netflix Basic.

There is a difference in cost (c £7) between Big Sport and Big Sport (Netflix Basic included).

0 Ratings