cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

New contract/advice

I am out of contract on 12th July and I would like my daugter to take over the contract instead as she is eligible for the social tariff.

My current package is Full Fibre 100 Halo 3, digital voice and tnt via sky.

I want to keep the package exactly the same and keep my home telephone number. Is the correct way called a working line transfer?

Would somebody on here handle it for me too, as I don't wish to explain that to someone else as I may end up doing the wrong thing?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: New contract/advice

Your daughter cannot take over your account.  You would need to end your contract and your daughter start a new contract in her name.  The home essentials package are shown here and not the same as you currently have

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Bad-customer-service/m-p/2330514?lightbox-message-images-...

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

You cannot change the name of the account holder.

She would have to apply for service, which would initiate a working line takeover, but a new phone number would be issued. You would get a notification of the takeover request.

Once the service is active, she could request a re-number back to the original one, but that is not guaranteed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

@Keith_Beddoe 

Is it not just the TNT sports with SKY and broadband with halo with BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

There is nobody on the forum that can do that. The mods are the only BT staff and they are too busy to deal with things that can be accomplished by customer services.

Your post contradicts itself. By definition if your daughter takes over the service it won't be the same package if she wants the social tariff and you aren't currently eligible.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Is it not just the TNT sports with SKY and broadband with halo with BT?

But I do not think that is part of any social package.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Yes I appreciate she can't just take over the contract or we would have already tried that.

I wanted to know what the best way to go about it is

Do I just give 30 days notice now and at what stage does she start a new contract? We are trying to avoid losing our phone number if possible or any period without broadband. I have seen comments about it not being implemented properly and people end up with their service being ceased.

My daughter is disabled and I'm trying to make this as simple as possible and thought seeking advice on here would be wiser than phoning.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

As @Keith_Beddoe says, you do nothing, your daughter applies for service at the address which will initiate a working line takeover. It will be a wholly new contract.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

I have posted a link to the social tariff packages and your current package is not included so your daughter to get reduced rate would need to select a reduced package

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

So does my daughter just place an order for the following and thats fibre at 36 which is fine and includes unlimited calls all for £15.00 a month? Can she do that online too?

Plus I don't need to do anything about my own contract expiring on 12th July?

Home essentials unlimited fibre essentials plan (no income 36mbps) - £15.00 a month

0 Ratings