cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New contract agreed, then changes

Go to solution

Spent half an hour on the phone today to Graham at BT retentions.  I have been paying £40.83 per month which includes calling plan.  New contract due in September would have been £50+  So I said I could go to Plusnet for £26.99 per month, Broadband and line rental included.  Graham said he could do it for £25.  I asked 3 times, is this the final figure for BB and line rental.  He said yes, so I agreed.

As I didn't received the email he promised, I phoned back only to be told that it was £42.99 per month.  I told them this was not what I was told and I got nowhere.  I finally got through to Complaints and they are apparently reversing this and I will be back on the original contract.  I cannot believe I was told one thing by one person and then told he made a mistake.  He was quoting me for BB only and not the line rental.  I had asked him three times to confirm that the £25 included both.

Finally I get the email confirming that I am now on the new contract at £42.99 so I phone back to confirm that I want this reversed to my old contract.  I shall definitely be leaving and going to Plusnet, but I have no faith that I will be reverted to my old contract.  Why does it take 5 days for them to put right what they did in one minute!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New contract agreed, then changes

Go to solution

All broadband deals include line rental, it is not a separate item. Are you confusing line rental with landline charges?

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@lioness It all depends who you get on the phone. BT customer service is not the best but there are much worse onces out there.

Member Plusnet is owned by BT. You may also be moved over to digital internet calls when you move providers. As most providers are no longer providing the old cooper phone service to new customers.
I moved from BT FTTC to Sky FTTC 10 weeks ago on a similar spend and package that I was with BT saving me almost £6 a month for 18 months. I do have pay as you go calls and thats free and not part of a calling plan. As I see BT now charge between £3-£5 for pay as you go but really dont use my phone line much and have not use phone line to make calls since I got moved over to Sky Talk internet calls.

I would look at all your option before deciding what you want to do.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @lioness,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry that you didn't get the plan that you were promised.

I can go over your entire account and do my best to get you the price that you were offered and try match the date you were originally promised.

I would need to send you a private message that you could reply back to me on. We would then pick your reply up within a couple of working days and aim to have it sorted on the day that we pick it up. I can understand if you don't want to but I'd like to give you that option.

Thank you
DanielS

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Daniel, I have replied to your message.  I have spoken to BT again today and they are reverting me to my old contract which ends in September.   The guy who quoted £25 was only quoting for broadband even though we had a discussion about Line Rental Saver ending and therefore what would my price be per month.  He should have said £42.99, not £25.  It is noted that it was missold, so I should be back where I was on Friday.

Why they can put an order through immediately, but it takes 5 days to cancel it, beats me.  This is the second time someone has got my account in a mess.  Last time I telephoned to cancel my calling plan and they cancelled my Landline instead!  That took ages to put right.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Daniel although I have responded to your private message, I am happy to wait until Friday to see if they put it back where it was.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for getting back to me @lioness.

I am sorry for the poor experiences that you had on both of those occasions. Neither should happen.

I believe that I could help you better with this. I am out of the office tomorrow but I'm in on Friday afternoon should you need me to pick this up for you.

Please, keep in touch.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
My situation was resolved to my satisfaction by the Executive Team. Pity I had so many calls to people who just fobbed me off. However, very satisfied now.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Good morning @lioness

That is brilliant news. I am  very happy that this has been resolved for you now @lioness.

I am sorry that it took so much effort from you to chase this to get sorted.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you

Dan

0 Ratings