cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New line no existing phone line in premises

Go to solution

I have started a new business and need a line fitting for internet and phone line. They have signed me up and said it’s classes as a bronze appointment. In the new unit I have rented there is no line going into the building. There are 7 units being let in the same mill. All out surrounding neighbours are businesses and they all have internet and lines. We don’t but I have an appointment booked in for a new install. Will they be able to set my line up even though there is no telephone line going into the building? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New line no existing phone line in premises

Go to solution

For business you want the BT Business forum https://business.forums.bt.com/

This is for residential customers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: New line no existing phone line in premises

Go to solution
It’s probably a bronze address rather than a bronze appointment…it means that the address isn’t matched against Openreach line-plant records …..if an order has been accepted, the OR engineer may have a little more work than usual, but if the address isn’t correctly matched , there is always an element of it being booked at risk, there may be issues getting service into the property
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

New phone and broadband needed.

Go to solution

I am renting a property that has been renovated. There is no phone line going into the building. There are 7 new businesses renting from the same building. How do I get the line installed so I can have a landline and internet? The surrounding businesses are all equipped with internet even a small taxi firm next door to my unit. Will BT be able to get a line into the building? The prior owner traded from this building for 30 years so I don’t know why I cannot see a line going into the building. The telephone pole is 30-40ft away from the building. I’ve booked a bronze engineer as this is a new address because the owner has split the building into 7 units addresses. The address has been logged by BT but I’m wondering if the bronze appointment will be adequate to get my line set up at the address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: New phone and broadband needed.

Go to solution
0 Ratings