cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Nightmare trying to order broadband

I've had a real nightmare trying to order broadband to my new address.

There was a miscommunication with the first adviser and he set the activation date a month later than requested.  I called again and was told that date was immovable, but i was able to get a much earlier date by going through the online order form. I then called the cancel the original order and told that everything was fine.

The following day I called to see if I could get an earlier activation date as I knew the current owners of the property had now cancelled their broadband and was told that actually order has failed because the previous one was still open.

... Many calls later, the last advisor cancelled the remaining order and promised to call me that following day when it had gone through the system, he did not.

I can see on my BT that I have a pending order that says "Auto cease order", and an another that says open, but when clicked says "cancelled".

Any suggestions? I'm bored of phoning at this point 🙁

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nightmare trying to order broadband

do you know if previous owners of property were moving there broadband and phone to their new address as that could cause problems for you until there move is completed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Nightmare trying to order broadband

@Ylferifwrote:

I've had a real nightmare trying to order broadband to my new address.

Might have been easier to complete the online "Home Move" application. It worked a treat for me as I am deaf, and therefore unable to use the phone. I rely totally on this forum, the helpful advice of the expert members and, of course, the moderators.

In our case, there was actually 3 week delay at the new address but I was sent a mini-hub to tide me over until the connection was made. 

0 Ratings