cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

No calling plans when renewing contract

I am trying to renew my contract online on bt.com, since my discount is ending shortly.

The initial page says "The broadband packages below don't include calling plans - you'll see them on the next page" but when I select a broadband package, all that appears on the next page are "Phone: Calling Features" - there are no calling plan options on offer at all.

Or am I missing something very obvious?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: No calling plans when renewing contract

Broadband packages no longer include calling plans, they are now an add on

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Yes, I was aware of that. In fact, I quoted the webpage text which says "The broadband packages below don't include calling plans - you'll see them on the next page". If you can't offer a helpful reply, why bother replying? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@MCGrant 

You may find that when you renew, unless you actually request a phone service, all you will get is broadband, as that is available without a phone service.

If you want a phone service, it will be delivered  using BT Digital Voice, and the default phone package would be PAYG.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/BT-Digital-Voice-a-better-way-to-keep-in-to...

See the part Digital Voice FAQ’s

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

You can call 0800 800 150 for contract renewals, if you don't mind the waiting time, which can vary.          
They are usually the best option, and give very good help.

Otherwise login to My BT, and go to the help option. Enter "Calling Plans".
OR, ...Manage products > Landline, and follow guides.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Am I correct in thinking that telephone calling options such as PAYG, 700 Minutes, Unlimited Calls etc can be changed at any time, and that they're basically not part of the contract nowadays? I think that was what was confusing me; I'm a bit stuck in the past.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@MCGrantwrote:

Am I correct in thinking that telephone calling options such as PAYG, 700 Minutes, Unlimited Calls etc can be changed at any time, and that they're basically not part of the contract nowadays? I think that was what was confusing me; I'm a bit stuck in the past.

You are correct, calling plans and calling features are addons, they can be changed when needed and are on a rolling 30 day term.

Most can be managed via www.bt.com/mybt and some are senstive like call barring which require extra checks to remove.

Message 8 of 10

I've just renewed and the site took me through all the options - including calls.  I even got a Smart Hub2 for free (for which I, currently, have no use). All this kicked in on Tuesday and yesterday, Wednesday, BT sent me an email to warn that my deal was ending! All good fun.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@gspearson 

You would need the Smart Hub 2 if you want a phone connection, as that will be delivered using BT Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@Keith_Beddoe  I know that!  But BT has yet to suggest DV here and OR has given up installing fibre (for the moment, I hope).  I don't know anyone with DV - not many have telephones.

0 Ratings