cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

'No landline needed'

Go to solution

Right so want to change to BT fibre without landline. Don't want or need a landline -it's 2023. So why, when I go to buy a bt fibre package that supposedly doesn't need a landline, is the first thing I see something telling me I need to set up a landline for bt services? That's false advertising.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: 'No landline needed'

Go to solution
First thing I see on the BT website ( after entering a postcode ) is ‘broadband only’ deals or ‘broadband and phone’ , one is around £5 cheaper than the other ( for the same broadband package ) so don’t know where you are looking
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@Bigmeuprudeboy 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Are you using this page https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/deals

That will give you a broadband service without a phone, if that is what you want?

You still need to pay for the cost of the line to deliver the broadband, whether its copper or fibre. That is included in the cost.

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Yes I'm using that 

So if its no landline needed do you get this?

Screenshot_20230320_093957_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Whats this then?

Screenshot_20230320_093957_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

are you sure you have selected the option of broadband only as that looks like broadband and phone option hence why asking if you want to port your number

you need to pay line rental which is included in the package price whether your select broadband only or with phone.  without a line you cannot get broadband whether that is copper or fibre.  this has been covered many times on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Positive I'm looking at broadband only.

So you DO need a landline to use bt fibre?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I believe this check when ordering is used to see what physical line is there and status of that line.

The term landline here is regarding the physical line (which you need for the connection to be delivered to you) rather than referring to the voice service.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

you need a line to receive broadband whether that is copper or fibre otherwise how do you expect to get your router connected.  using the word 'landline' is synonymous with landline phone which is misleading.  you need a line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

That means you have to have a landline then??

0 Ratings