cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No phone or internet after new install on Thursday

Hi All,

I went for a full fibre with digital voice package from BT, leaving my old copper ADSL connection last Thursday. The modem connected immediately, but the hub light stayed orange. The installer said this was strange, and called Openreach. They said it might take a while for BT to close off the job, and that I should have connection that evening. I was told that data was going upstream to BT, but nothing was coming back. There was no connection Friday morning, so I contacted BT at 8am, to be told it was an issue with Openreach and it should be sorted by 7pm. There was no connection at 7pm, and when I contacted them again, they said it would be there by midnight. As there was still no connection this morning, I contacted BT again, who said it was an issue with BT Wholesale and that it should be sorted by 4pm today.

Unfortunately, I still have no internet or phone, and my mobile data is taking a hammering. I understand they may be busy, and that I have to wait my turn, but I’m struggling to believe what I am being told as one is blaming the other. My wife had a kidney transplant 7 months ago, and needs a further transplant which she was listed for last Monday – after I had put in the order for full fibre. At the time of the order, I said how important is was to keep the same landline number, and that was noted. I have explained to each of the BT call people that I at least need my phone, in case a donor comes up, and the hospital choose a different recipient as we don’t answer. According to the BT person this morning, our case was put to the welfare team, and as they close at 4pm today, it should be sorted by then. The hub is  orange, and I have reset the little modem on the wall where the fibre has been connected, and the hub. Is there anything else I can do? I concerned that the longer we are without our old phone number, the less chance we have of getting the same one back under digital voice, and of course of missing out on an important phone call.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No phone or internet after new install on Thursday

@PanMan25 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What date has BT promised to activate your broadband service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I was told it would be activated on the day on install, Thursday 31st August

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787  to see if they can provide an update for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

What colour are light on ONT modem

Try phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and have serial number of ONT handy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

On the ONT modem, I have Power: Green, LOS: Unlit, PON: Green, LAN: Green. All are solid green, apart from the LAN, which occasionally flickers.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @PanMan25 I'm so sorry your fibre broadband has not been activated as planned. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help as I appreciate the need to get your landline number back up and running asap.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings