cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No service a week early

Go to solution

Hi having contacted customer service last week to announce my wish to cancel my BT essentials social tarrif as Im moving to another ISP which is due to go active from 22Feb, a cancellation date was organised by the operator for 26Feb..24/25 wasn't available due to been a weekend, I was advised no 30 days notice need be given and no termination charges are payable. However aprox 1am this morning 20feb my BT hub has been flashing the magenta colour lights and waking this morning as of 530am when writing this my hub still shows same status flashing magenta.

My thinking is my service has been terminated a week earlier then organised over the phone. While this does not hamper me too much as I have a third party mobile data allowance to reply on I would like to tie some loose ends in the billing dept if possible from here saving me a call.

My billing period is from 25th to 24th each month idealy I would have organised for my BT services to end on 22nd when the new service goes live id be fully paid up no need for another payment to he made. I was Unaware of my billing periods when making the call to cancel asking for an end date 24th, the operator advised this was a weekend so couldn't set that date but could offer 26th. This I now know will cause me a final bill of approx 2day service 25th/26 although I maybe will not be billed for 26th if service was to end early hours of morning.

So I ask if it would be possible to update my termination date to either 22/23 so that I need not have to pay for a billing period of one or two days, as stated my billing cycle is 25 to 24 each month. 

Lastly could it be looked into as to why my service seems to have stopped 20feb, as stated my hub is flashing magenta lights but will update if their is any change and service resumes. If it turns out my service has terminated today 20feb that is fine as long as accounts/billing dept are aware if this date and do not bill me untill 26th the date arranged by operator over the phone.

Lastly thanks for the outstanding service I received during my time with BT it has been reliable 99.9% uptime and can't say Ive ever been aware of a reduction in promised speeds. My reason to leave was made souly on the fact that due to TV ariel issue I lost my Freeview  so moved to a provider offering FTTP something Openreach have no plans to do just yet the new service offers Freeview IP based so can resume watching TV. Unfortunately EE service meant I would of had to subscribe to a premium product in order to get Freeview chs or I would simply not have moved service.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No service a week early

Go to solution

@nufclad147 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Used live chat and it seems service was terminated 20th and not as operator said 26th however no worries it actually worked out better as far as my billing cycle goes.

Allivar till we meet again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hopefully you're moving to a non-Openreach based based ISP. If not, you may have jeopardised your activation date by cancelling with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@rbz5416 the fact the OP states they're moving to FTTP which OR can't provide confirms that I believe

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@garybs29wrote:

@rbz5416 the fact the OP states they're moving to FTTP which OR can't provide confirms that I believe

Missed that at the end. The down side of a long post & my limited attention span!

As you were...

0 Ratings