cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Where can I find my broadband usage?

Go to solution

I had an email alert from BT (EE?) about my usage being close to its 40 GB limit. Where can I see details of that please? I'm just guessing that it was watching a Neflix movie, but I want specifics, just as with phone calls.

Terry, East Grinstead

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Where can I find my broadband usage?

Go to solution

Are you on a BT Internet ADSL/Fibre plan?

If so you should not have any limits, they were permanently removed around the time of the Covid epidamic for everybody:

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/usage-tracking-and-policies/bt-broadband-usage-poli...

EE ADSL/Fibre is also unlimited. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks a bunch for that fast and reassuring reply.

Turns out it was down to me! Just went back to my email and discovered that I'd sorted them in reverse (oldest fiirst), so my hasty post was prompted by a 2016 email!

Presumably that's also why my bill nowhere shows any detail.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Haha at least it's that mystery solved 😄

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hmmm, I thought limits were abandoned years ago long before Covid unless of course some users are abusing the system and BT do in fact warn some users who use Broadband in excess of a limit that it not announced publicly.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

According to their site they do not have any traffic management. They even say file sharing is allowed:

BT's approach to broadband traffic management | BT Help

Unless you are doing something illegal or your bill was not paid, you should not get any warning emails or messages about your broadband.

0 Ratings