cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Now TV Entertainment & Movies

Hello,

I am a new customer with BT including the latest deal £34.99 per month for which includes full fibre 100 and the now entertainment pack. Question is it's £6 per month for the now entertainment for 24months but if I want to add the cinema pack within 24 months will that put it up to £27 per month and if I then downgrade back to entertainment only will I go back to my promotion price of £6 or the full price of £17?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Now TV Entertainment & Movies

@dihetherington   I would have thought that the £6 package would remain for the 24months. If you add Cinema then it should go to the cinema package at current price plus your entertainment package at £6.  If you downgrade then it should revert back to £6.  But I am sure someone on the forum can help with this.. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

In that situation it'd be much simpler to add the cinema pass as a standalone 9.99 monthly pass, keeps the discounted rate too & cheaper overall

Message 4 of 13

From what I know now to get cinema you have to go to big entertainment to get cinema. Would be interested in an answer to this. See what happens
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Obviously your call & we all have different tastes. But I'd be amazed if you could find enough to watch on Now Cinema to justify a 24 month contract. I struggle find anything worthwhile when I'm given free access. I would suggest you'd be better off subscribing to Cinema directly with Now, using a different email address. That way you'll get discounted prices not available with BT & can dip in & out as you choose.

Message 6 of 13

Cinema now pass independent of BT I'm guessing is the get round I'm guessing like you say. I figure this won't appear in the epg but that doesn't really matter, I can use another email address and use my Google TV hdmi

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

It's not independent at all, log into the now account associated with BT & add the cinema pass that way, adds it on @ 9.99 pm instead of via big entertainment

Message 8 of 13

@garybs29wrote:

It's not independent at all

It is if you subscribe through Now rather than BT. The key being to use a different email address to keep the accounts separate. That currently gives new members a 7 day free trial. At the end of the trial you cancel & will almost certainly be offered a half price deal.

Where it potentially gets messy is with HD, as taking HD with Now or BT won't give you HD with the other.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Gary, so not through the BT box just go to the web log in directly to the now TV account on pc a d get now cinema £9.99 separate to BT?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@dihetheringtonwrote:

Gary, so not through the BT box just go to the web log in directly to the now TV account on pc a d get now cinema £9.99 separate to BT?

Yes you can log into the now account associated with the BT account & add it to the BT bill (probably 7 days free as well) or use a completely separate now account too

0 Ratings